P.S. Take with a grain of salt!
Has the all star cast for season 8 been leaked? Here’s a test shot of a photo shoot that happened recently in San Francisco a couple weeks ago.
Dancers at the shoot were: Benji Schwimmer (S2), Sabra Johnson (S3), Caitlin Kinney (S5), Mollee Gray (S6), Evan Kasprzak (S5), Randi Evans (S5), Ellenore Scott (S6), Legacy Perez (S6), Brandon Bryant (S5) and Kupono Aweau (S5).
Mollee tweeted about a “happy” dance earlier 17 hours ago.
Why this could be the all star list:
- 10 dancers in the photo, leaves room for some “alternates” aka the all stars from this past seventh season. The S7 all stars all signed contracts for three years but apparently with the possibility of never being called back again.
- The call sheet of the photo shoot said “So You Think You Can Dance 8: All Stars Gone Wild” probably attributing to the Wild Wild West saloon theme.
- Photo shoot lasted around 5 hours and all dancers had individual shots. Sounds very standard in terms of a photo shoot for SYTYCD.
- The lack of versatility might not be as big of a problem since the season supposedly is starting with a Top 20. (That’s a lot of mights and ifs)
- Sabra has been MIA for the past billion years.
Why this couldn’t be the all star list:
- Lack of ballroom female, but Anya may be still on call for the season.
- Not too much variety on the seasons, no dancers from seasons one, four, and seven.
- Kind of early to be photo shooting all stars for the eighth season.
- They could have just been doing a show together in San Francisco. (But then again, where did Sabra come from?! Hahaha)
- Nigel originally said winners would not be all stars, but history has proven things change, especially in the SYTYCD rules world.
- Source has never provided information before, but information seems legit.
We will update if more details come in on whether this has any credibility or not.
Edit 11/9/10: This was most definitely a performance in San Francisco. Other dancers were emailed an invitation to participate, including Melody Lacayanga (S1), however one of the dancers who participated accidentally slipped and said it could possibly be a test for new all-stars.
What do you think? Discuss and comment!